Autore Topic: Introduction, from France [Re:[Game Chef 2012] this year you may design and submit games written in  (Letto 11288 volte)

Ludovic

• Membro
    • Mostra profilo
Moderator EDIT by Mattia: I split this topic (started here) to give Ludovic more visibility, to better welcome him with the warmth he deserves, on user suggestion. Again: welcome! ^_^

Buongiorno a tutti.

I am Ludovic Papaïs, a french Indie RPG publisher. I mainly translate Indie english RPG. I come here because Paul tells me that there is a question concerning the french indie RPG community. So here I am.
Question: are you mentioning France and Japan as "any random country" or because you already know there's some Indie community there specifically?

I know next to nothing about international Indie communities, so a post about them would be most welcome (at least for me)! ^_^
The Indie french community gathers on the discussion board called Silentdrift, this website is held by Christoph Boeckle. It is a tiny community that grows as Indie games are translated in french. Moreover, there are authors that are going to publish their own game :
- Prosopopée by Frédéric Sintes is self-published and available on POD : http://www.limbicsystemsjdr.com/blog/
- Monostatos by Fabien Hildwein will be self-published : monostatos.canalblog.com/
- Innomable by Christoph Boeckle will be self-published, this one is available in english : http://www.silentdrift.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=32&t=2232

That is for original french indie games.

Actually, translated games are more widespread, there are some publishers :
Edge (which is a big one) : Fiasco

Les Ecuries d'augias : Montségur 1244, Don't rest your head, Lady Blackbird (for free)

Narrativiste : Lacuna, Donjon

Myself, la Boite à Heuhh : Sweet Agatha, Dirty Secrets, Parsely Games, Remember Tomorrow, Breaking the Ice, On Mighty Thews, Annalise and My Life with Master.

I am also trying to work with Narrattiva (they sold me the rights to publish Apocalypse World for example and there are others projects).

I hope the Christoph could come here and give few words, he is my Master.

See you
Ludovic
« Ultima modifica: 2012-04-04 12:26:01 da Mattia Bulgarelli »

Patrick

• Membro
  • a.k.a. patmax17
    • Mostra profilo
    • Mio DeviantArt
Hello ludovic!
Thanks for the information. If you want, there is another thread on the foreign indie communities, and you can make the staff move your message to that discusson. The link is http://www.gentechegioca.it/smf/index.php/topic,6898.0.html ^^
Patrick Marchiodi, il Valoroso ~ Bravo Organizzatore di CONTM ~ Prima gioca, poi parla. ~ "La cosa più bella di INC11 è stata giocare con persone conosciute da due ore e avere l'impressione di giocare con amici di una vita" - Dario Delfino

Mattia Bulgarelli

• Facilitatore Globale
  • Membro
  • Mattia Bulgarelli
    • Mostra profilo
Hello Ludovic!

We're happy to have you here on our "Gente Che Gioca" forum! ^_^
I am very curious about international status of Indie RPGs.

Would you please add your name in the signature area? "Ludovic" is easier to remember than "Heuhh".

Co-creatore di Dilemma! - Ninja tra i pirati a INC 2010 - Padre del motto "Basta Chiedere™!"

Buongiorno a tutti.

I am Ludovic Papaïs,

Hi Ludovic! Nice to see you here! ^__^
I nitpicker danneggiano anche te. Digli di smettere.

Ludovic

• Membro
    • Mostra profilo
Would you please add your name in the signature area? "Ludovic" is easier to remember than "Heuhh".
Done. :)

Thank you, for welcoming me.

Iacopo Frigerio

• Membro
  • Il Signor Coyote
    • Mostra profilo
Hi & welcome :-)

It's interesting if you want to tell us about France and his relationship with RPG :-)

PS: (and you are interested in a italian RPG on revenge?)
L'amore è quel particolare rapporto nel quale una persona può mostrarsi perdente

il mietitore

• Membro
  • Alex I.
    • Mostra profilo
woah! welcome to gentechegioca :P

It's interisting to finally discover what you are playing in France. As Mattia was saying in the post you quoted, we know almost nothing about what's happening to the indie community around the world. And that's the reason why yesterday I opened the thread that Patrick is linking.

Talking about the french situation: have you got conventions too? I'm not talking about fairs, I'm talking about events where people gathers just to play, for 2-3 days, in hotels or places like that.
"E non guardare troppo a lungo dentro alla lavatrice, o anche la lavatrice guarderà dentro di te"
Revan Adler, Match d'Improvvisazione Teatrale, Giugno 2009
Trash Meets Steel
RPGshark

Michael Tangherlini

• Membro
  • Michael Tangherlini
    • Mostra profilo
    • Phage without a host
Nice to meet you, and welcome aboard!

-MikeT
My body is a cage / My mind holds the key (Peter Gabriel - My body is a cage)

Fabio Succi Cimentini

• Membro
  • l'ovino che non ti aspetti.
    • Mostra profilo
    • Orgoglio Nerd
Welcome, Ludovic!
Fact #1: of the French games you mentioned, I saw only Prosopopée. And it was enough for my heart to go boom: this game needs a translation for the French-impaired (like myself  ;D )
nel dungeon nessuno può sentirti belare  |  emo gamer, sense of wonder gamer, pucci-un-cazzo gamer, vive la varieté.

Mattia Bulgarelli

• Facilitatore Globale
  • Membro
  • Mattia Bulgarelli
    • Mostra profilo
A side thought: it would be nice to have guest authors from different countries at next Italian indie conventions.
But I'm not so involved with any of them to make the difference: consider this just a "nice wish". ^_^
Co-creatore di Dilemma! - Ninja tra i pirati a INC 2010 - Padre del motto "Basta Chiedere™!"

Ludovic

• Membro
    • Mostra profilo
I have forgetten "Sens Rennaissance" a game from Romaric Briand which is self-published. http://www.scifi-universe.com/critiques/19672-57-sens-renaissance.htm
Talking about the french situation: have you got conventions too? I'm not talking about fairs, I'm talking about events where people gathers just to play, for 2-3 days, in hotels or places like that.
Yes we have got conventions. Next week, there is a big convention in Rennes called Eclipse X. It occurs in a University (often RPG conventions takes place in university in France). But it is not the only one. Here you have the schedule of the parties : http://www.ascreb.org/clubs/jdr/convention/planning.php Indie games are represented amongst others french RPG.

There are lots of RPG convention in France, in April you have 5 cons, but they are not all big. As far as I know, there is only one which is dedicated to Indie games, it is in Poitiers in may. It is a small convention (approximatly 100 people).

Fabio : concerning Prosopopée, for sure it is a good game.

Iacopo : In France, the french language RPG that are most sold are Call of Cthulhu, Pathfinder and other huge licence. But there are interesting french RPG like the ones published by John Doe : "Notre Tombeau", "Patient 13", "Tenga"; the ones published by XII Singes : "BIA", "Mississipi" ; the ones published by 7ème Cercle "Z corps", "Yggdrasil". Most of them have classic rules.

I hope that I answer your questions.

Dairon

• Membro
  • Al secolo Luca Correnti
    • Mostra profilo
    • Ass. Cavalcalupi
Trop drole, bienvenu Ludovic! 17 jeux, 4 nationales, pas mal!

(eh bien, il apparit que je me rappele quelque chose de français depuis 15 ans. Pàs le accents, comment tu peux voire... :P)

Patrick

• Membro
  • a.k.a. patmax17
    • Mostra profilo
    • Mio DeviantArt
ecco, ci mancavano solo i topic in francese XD
Patrick Marchiodi, il Valoroso ~ Bravo Organizzatore di CONTM ~ Prima gioca, poi parla. ~ "La cosa più bella di INC11 è stata giocare con persone conosciute da due ore e avere l'impressione di giocare con amici di una vita" - Dario Delfino

Tags: