Autore Topic: [The Warren] Circles of Life (Cerchio della Vita)  (Letto 2309 volte)

Daniele Di Rubbo

• Membro
  • Daniele Di Rubbo
    • Mostra profilo
    • Geecko on the Wall
Questa discussione riporta semplicemente una domanda fatta a Marshall Miller sul funzionamento della mossa Circles of Life (nell’edizione italiana Cerchio della Vita) nella community Google+ dedicata a The Warren.

Yesterday night, I was playing The Warren with some friends. We were creating our hares (since we were playing the World of Borealis Wood – let me say it is really evocative!) and my fellow player Alberto Tronchi was interested in the character move Circles of Life (p. 94), which says:

Citazione da: “The Warren”, p. 94
Circles of Life

The fight for survival makes for some strange bedfellows. When you first use this move, choose another type of animal with which you have history and rapport.

We had some questions about how to interpret the single parts of this move.

• Does the player have to choose a type of animal or a single animal?

i.e. is it “wolves (in general)” or “Fang, the wolf of the far away wood”?

• Who is the player in charge to say which was the history and the kind of rapport with the other animal(s)?

In my opinion, it is the player of the character who has the move, but we were not sure of it as a group.

Choose the type – you may have a specific animal that you have particular rapport with but you've also got a link to or knowledge of their community. You know about them and which names to drop. Ask the character about it.

Two of the ways I see this move playing out are:
  • Take the move to add some setting details. “Did you know that this lake wasn't always here? On the far side, there's a clan of beavers - I holed up with them during a snow storm last year.”
  • Wait to trigger the move in response to an animal the GM has introduced. “As the fox closes, I say in my bravest voice, ‘You could eat me now but know this - I once led a hunter away from a fox named Redtip and he owes me his life. If you spare me, he'll owe you.’”

Giulia Cursi

• Facilitatore Globale
  • Membro
  • Nenhiril
    • Mostra profilo
Re:[The Warren] Circles of Life (Cerchio della Vita)
« Risposta #1 il: 2017-02-03 08:15:46 »
Il genere di informazioni che serve a non avere dubbi su come interpreti una mossa.
Account G+ - Account Facebook - Fanmail: 16 - Brava Utente™ - "Te lo fascilito io." cit.

Tags: The Warren