Autore Topic: [ENG][ Troppo successo fa male, ovvero cos'è successo al "movimento indie"  (Letto 10779 volte)

Ron Edwards

• Membro
    • Mostra profilo
I see! Many thanks for the clarification. I agree with you.

That the "old" scene of independent designers stopped being a cohesive "movement" the moment the Forge stopped being a gravitational point. That people started forgetting the point of it all (unity, mutual help, creative support, etc) the moment you stopped stirring conversations in the right direction, reproaching trolls and people that talked with no actual play, etc. And that, actually, it was all happening even _with_ your presence, as numbers grew. So no, simply finding/fabricating a "new leader" is not a good solution in my opinion.

The moment we stopped talking about "this and that happened" and started discussing about "this and that should happen", we left history to enter sociology. Since I'm no expert in the field, I'll just raise two questions that seem to me highly relevant:
- since we are talking about a sub-culture of a sub-culture of a sub-culture (RPG designers within RPG users within gamers), has the "let's make this popular" approach really any hope to succeed? I sense that, within the "nerds won" meme brought about by a wider recognition of the geek sub-culture, gamers and rpg-ers have begun overestimating their cultural relevance...
- could this be a case for perfection as an enemy of improvement? A widespread recognition of a better way to do rpg theory would be the ideal solution, that has however no chance in hell to happen without someone jumping the social fence and acting as the sparkplug of a still rather clunky engine.

Danilo Moretti

• Membro
  • FKA "Dispari"
    • Mostra profilo
    • Inspired Device
Molto interessante il post, bravo Moreno.

Forse raggiunto il livello di supersaturazione una "piccola" community coesa (dove all'inizio tutti hanno bisogno di tutti - protezione, consigli, idee, playtest, critiche...) è esplosa quando un numero sufficiente di soggetti ha raggiunto "l'indipendenza" lasciando il porto e salpando ognuno per la propria terra promessa?

Qualcuno in viaggio si è perso, qualcuno ha raggiunto le indie e "fatto fortuna" e quelli rimasti nel porto continuano a fare manutenzione.

Tags: