Autore Topic: Su come le domande a bruciapelo siano Unsafe  (Letto 2041 volte)

Mar

• Membro
  • Martino Gasparella
    • Mostra profilo
Su come le domande a bruciapelo siano Unsafe
« il: 2012-07-21 20:05:42 »

Si era parlato altrove di come le domande a bruciapelo ai giocatori (ad esempio in AW o MH), fanno sì che questi vengano colti con le difese abbassate e rispondano quindi con qualcosa (magari di personale) che altrimenti non avrebbero portato nel gioco.

Leggendo "Under the bed" (Joshua Newman, 2005) ho trovato questo passo in proposito. Lo condivido perchè mi sembrava interessante.

"My Sinister Plan
Under the Bed isn’t about toys at all, and it’s not really about monsters. It’s sort of not even about children. It’s about the players.
This interesting thing happens when adults play Under the Bed: the game applies pressure to the players to
“Quick! Say something that threatens a child!” and the first thing that
comes to mind is something they, themselves, were afraid of, something that they’re rationalized away and were told wasn’t real, but never really confronted: being forced to choose between favorite toys. Being locked in the bathroom. Abusive parents. That dark space under the stairs with all the bones.
It’s what I wanted Under the Bed to confront, and I thought I’d failed. I couldn’t figure out how to write a rules that would push players to say
stuff that really mattered to them. And then the savior of all games came to the front: the players. Put in a situation where they can talk about stuff that matters to them, that’s what players do.
So, thanks for finishing my design. Thanks for talking about stuff that matters to you, cuz that stuff, man, I couldn’t make it up.
-Joshua A.C. Newman"
"Saruman believes it is only great power that can hold evil in check, but that is not what I have found. I found it is the small everyday deeds of ordinary folk that keep the darkness at bay... small acts of kindness and love"

Alberto Muti

• Membro
  • Andrà Tutto Bene.
    • Mostra profilo
Re:Su come le domande a bruciapelo siano Unsafe
« Risposta #1 il: 2012-07-27 09:02:15 »
Ne stavo parlando in chat, con Serena. Stavo dicendo quanto le domande a bruciapelo aiutino a tirarti dentro, nella storia, psicologicamente ed emotivamente.

e mi è venuta fuori questa metafora che trovo abbastanza idiota, ma funzionale.

"il discorso è che la storia non viene a prenderti a casa, quella è la cosa che non può fare. Devi fare tu un passo in avanti. Ogni domanda che ti fanno a cui rispondi a bruciapelo ti tira un po' più dentro... perchè una domanda è la storia che estende un tentacolo ti arriva addosso e se na va con un pezzo di te. se la risposta la costruisci, puoi "mentire", puoi mettere barriere. se rispondi di getto sei onesto. e quindi coinvolto."

ora sappiamo che una storia unsafe è fondamentalmente cthulhu. ma ci piace.

Ftaghn!
Alberto Muti (mi trovate su FB e G+!!!)

Mar

• Membro
  • Martino Gasparella
    • Mostra profilo
Re:Su come le domande a bruciapelo siano Unsafe
« Risposta #2 il: 2012-07-27 21:51:09 »
Fan Mail!
"Saruman believes it is only great power that can hold evil in check, but that is not what I have found. I found it is the small everyday deeds of ordinary folk that keep the darkness at bay... small acts of kindness and love"

Tags: