Autore Topic: Un commento a caldo  (Letto 2314 volte)

Michael Tangherlini

• Facilitatore
  • Membro
  • Michael Tangherlini
    • Mostra profilo
    • Phage without a host
Un commento a caldo
« il: 2012-05-30 12:53:47 »
Riscrivo in questa sezione per mostrare un commento che ho avuto da un membro del fandom furry (contattato pensando che potesse essere un pubblico interessato al gioco più di altri) riguardo a "Venus in Furs:"
I enjoyed the way you approached the writing; the story lines and reasoning behind actions/behaviors/motivation were detailed and very well considered. I think that much of the ethos of the game seemed very appropriate for the furry genre. However, perhaps it is a bit too appropriate. In other words, (and these following comments are merely observations, not critiques) even though it appeared that you went through certain lengths to curtail the language so that the game did not appear specifically "furry", it was very obvious that this was a Furry game written by a Fur for Furry audiences. (Not a bad thing — just something I noticed immediately). Obviously there is not much a person can really do to mask the obvious (animal-human creatures are automatically considered "furry"), so I would suggest either adjusting the voice of the entire document to be aimed directly at the Furry crowd (and remove any language or phrasing that seems like you're candy-coating the obvious) or change the language so that all of the descriptions are completely unlike anything you've seen before in Furry lore; remove all overtly furry terms and let the audience's imagination fill in the blanks.Second, I (being in my mid-thirties now) was struck by the level of timidness and/or self-loathing in the storyline. I, perhaps like all furries (or fans in general) battled a long bout with depression that spanned years. Happily, I resurrected my life and all is now well — but being very sensitive to that hole in my life, I do not like to see others perpetuate that same feeling in themselves either. To me personally, much of what I read in this game is based on the player's character automatically being based in some level of depression or self-loathing. I think that the social implications of this level of role-play could play a positive role if used in a teaching capacity for a short term, but if the game itself is based on this world of emotion, I fear it would be too much and be negative. No one likes to play a game where the game matches the same emotions they feel in life. They want an escape, not a reminder.Again, these are only my feelings and are not a professional critique. I received many comments just like these for my personal comic, "Axis of Conflict" back in the day, and while I did not agree at the time I feel they directed me well later in life. So while on one paw I will say that your game's premise, much like my comic's, is an artistic expression of your inner voice and creativity and should not be changed. And on my more caring paw, if you are seeking to build a game that is aimed at making money/attention, you will need to cast a net over a larger crowd of personalities and gamers — the crowd that I feel the language currently speaks to is a very specific, much smaller crowd than perhaps you want. Of course I may be totally wrong, as that is up to you and your ambitions.I hope that helps, Michael. In all seriousness, I very much enjoy the writing for what it is, and I think a great deal of time, attention and passion went into this project; that much is very obvious. I just feel like that level of passion needs to be shared with the largest audience possible. Let me know if you have any more questions or concerns! I'll be happy to help wherever I can!

-MikeT
[/size][/font]
My body is a cage / My mind holds the key (Peter Gabriel - My body is a cage)

Tags: