Autore Topic: [Game Chef 2012] this year you may design and submit games written in Italian  (Letto 11298 volte)

This year, Game Chef participants may design and submit games written in Italian. Here’s how it will work:

• Design and write a game in Italian, following the announced guidelines and ingredient requirements. Submit it before the deadline along with everyone else, via the Game Chef blog.
  • At the peer-review stage, games submitted in Italian will be assigned for peer-review only to others who’ve also submitted games written in Italian. These participants will then post their reviews (in Italian) and recommend one of the games they’ve reviewed to go on to the finals.
  • Because the Italian-language community will almost certainly have fewer than twenty submissions, there probably won’t be a clear verdict for which games should go to the finals, just from peer recommendations. So the Italian-language games that receive the most recommendations will be read by Giulia Barbano and Mario Bolzoni, who will select 1-3 games for translation to English, based on what % of total submissions the Italian-language games represent.
  • These finalists will then be translated to English by Raffaele Manzo and will go up against the English-language finalists in the final judging.
As always, non-native speakers of English are certainly welcome to submit games written in English. This special opportunity for Italian speakers is really only possible because of the heroic volunteering of Raffaele Manzo, whose translation skills are quite formidable.
Paul

giullina

• Membro
  • Giulia Barbano
    • Mostra profilo
    • Gaming As Women
Grazie a Paul Czege, Raffaele Manzo e Mario Bolzoni, vi annunciamo una novità assoluta nella storia del Game Chef: la Pummarola Ediscion.

È possibile partecipare all'edizione di quest'anno anche con giochi scritti in italiano, seguendo questa procedura:
  • Crea un gioco, seguendo le linee guida e usando gli ingredienti che verranno pubblicati su questo sito, scrivilo in italiano e invialo entro la scadenza tramite il blog del Game Chef.
  • Nella fase di peer-review, i giochi in italiano verranno assegnati per la revisione ad altri partecipanti italiani. Come partecipante dovrai quindi valutare i giochi in italiano che ti verranno assegnati e pubblicare un commento su ognuno; infine dovrai scegliere un gioco e votarlo per farlo passare in finale.
  • Dato che, molto probabilmente, la comunità italiana produrrà al massimo una ventina di giochi, potrebbe non esserci un esito evidente della fase di peer review. Per questo motivo, i giochi più votati in questa fase saranno esaminati da Mario Bolzoni e la sottoscritta, che sceglieranno da 1 a 3 giochi per la finale (il numero di giochi scelti dipenderà dalla percentuale dei concorrenti italiani sul totale).
    Questi finalisti saranno poi tradotti in inglese da Raffaele Manzo, e competeranno con gli altri finalisti provenienti dalla fase di peer review in inglese nella fase di valutazione finale.
Come sempre sono ben accetti tutti i giochi scritti in inglese da autori provenienti da ogni parte del mondo. Questa occasione particolare è possibile solo grazie alla generosa collaborazione di Raffaele Manzo, i cui straordinari talenti linguistici sono ben noti.
Speriamo che questa esperienza possa venire ampliata in futuro, per offrire nuove opportunità alle vivaci comunità di game design che esistono in altre parti del mondo.

(Un grazie anche a Paola Guarneri per la pummarola)
« Ultima modifica: 2012-04-04 01:43:42 da giullina »
giullina.net - Gaming As Women - Banshee Cat [ScreamingCats - games that make you scream] - 26 FM

Michael Tangherlini

• Membro
  • Michael Tangherlini
    • Mostra profilo
    • Phage without a host
Wonderful initiative! Question: why this choice? Are Italian wannabe-game designers so many to require a special entry just for them?

-MikeT
My body is a cage / My mind holds the key (Peter Gabriel - My body is a cage)

Iacopo Frigerio

• Membro
  • Il Signor Coyote
    • Mostra profilo
Uh... Mi avete messo all'angolo, non posso non partecipare!!!
L'amore è quel particolare rapporto nel quale una persona può mostrarsi perdente

Jah Messenger

• Membro
  • Selassie blessed me...
    • Mostra profilo
Siiiiiiiiiiiiiì...grazie mille (specie l'organizzazione, Rafu, Giullina, Mr Mario e Paul) per l'occasione di non dovermi preoccupare di tradurre il gioco...compenserò cercando di aiutarvi con un testo ben chiaro^^

Grazie Grazie Grazie

P.S. Iacopo, adesso non ti puoi tirare indietro^^

GcG Basta chiedereTM

Yeeeah...thank you so much (especially the organization, Rafu, Giullina, Mr Mario and Paul) for the opportunity to not have to worry about translating the game...I'll help you with a clear text^^

Thanks Thanks Thanks

P.S. Iacopo, now you cannot pull back

GcG Just AskTM

Ciao/Hi

Fil
Se un uomo cade una stella esprime un desiderio...

giullina

• Membro
  • Giulia Barbano
    • Mostra profilo
    • Gaming As Women
Pescati! :D

Attualmente so che per parecchi autori il grosso delle vendite verso paesi non anglofoni è riferito all'Italia. Poi questa mi sembra una naturale continuazione di ciò che è andato ad accadere nel corso degli ultimi anni, con una crescente mescolanza delle nostre comunità. In particolare ritengo che sia il passo successivo obbligato nel ragionamento di Italo, in quella che ormai è nota come "sfida di Czege".
giullina.net - Gaming As Women - Banshee Cat [ScreamingCats - games that make you scream] - 26 FM

Patrick

• Membro
  • a.k.a. patmax17
    • Mostra profilo
    • Mio DeviantArt
today is the day GenteCheGioca and the Indie Community like to render me speechless. Twice in about 5 minutes (first time here).

Fanmail guys.
Patrick Marchiodi, il Valoroso ~ Bravo Organizzatore di CONTM ~ Prima gioca, poi parla. ~ "La cosa più bella di INC11 è stata giocare con persone conosciute da due ore e avere l'impressione di giocare con amici di una vita" - Dario Delfino

Mike,

Wonderful initiative! Question: why this choice? Are Italian wannabe-game designers so many to require a special entry just for them?

Last year there were 66 game submissions and 7 finalists. If even a handful of games are submitted in Italian it makes sense that one or two would be finalists.

Paul

Patrick

• Membro
  • a.k.a. patmax17
    • Mostra profilo
    • Mio DeviantArt
i think mike's question was more something like "Why do you do it for us italians (out of all the other foreign participants)?" ^^
Patrick Marchiodi, il Valoroso ~ Bravo Organizzatore di CONTM ~ Prima gioca, poi parla. ~ "La cosa più bella di INC11 è stata giocare con persone conosciute da due ore e avere l'impressione di giocare con amici di una vita" - Dario Delfino

i think mike's question was more something like "Why do you do it for us italians (out of all the other foreign participants)?"

Aha. Well, it's not really me making it possible. I'm not even really attached to Game Chef. It's mostly Rafu. And it's Giulia and Mario. I just happened to have met Rafu at InterNosCon last year and was talking to him via IM yesterday when I saw Iacopo comment that submitting a game in English was a barrier for him. And I know Jonathan and had the idea there might be a way for designers to submit games in Italian. And then Rafu offered to do translations. So I started talking to Giulia and Mario, who I thought would be good reviewers, and to Jonathan and Rafu, and we worked out the details.

So I'm actually hoping it's just the start of things. If the French and Japanese indie RPG communities see the Italian participation this year and want to participate next year they figure out how to do the needed translations (maybe they do crowdfunding to pay the translators) and then Game Chef is truly truly a melting pot of international game design.

Paul
« Ultima modifica: 2012-04-03 20:02:05 da Paul "Italo" Czege »

Daniele Di Rubbo

• Membro
  • Daniele Di Rubbo
    • Mostra profilo
    • Geecko on the Wall
Thanks to all of you!

Michael Tangherlini

• Membro
  • Michael Tangherlini
    • Mostra profilo
    • Phage without a host
Chapeau. Paul, thanks for the information, and I also thank Giulia, Mario, Rafu and everybody else who made this possible.
I hope I can be one of the contestants, this time!

-MikeT
My body is a cage / My mind holds the key (Peter Gabriel - My body is a cage)

Daniele Di Rubbo

• Membro
  • Daniele Di Rubbo
    • Mostra profilo
    • Geecko on the Wall
Then this year Cthulhu cultists cannot use my English draft any more for their unspeakable invocations.

Niccolò

• Membro
    • Mostra profilo
cause rafu offered to translate, i guess.

Daniele Di Rubbo

• Membro
  • Daniele Di Rubbo
    • Mostra profilo
    • Geecko on the Wall
Of course. So there is written.

Tags: