Autore Topic: [Chronicles of Skin] Help in November  (Letto 11303 volte)

[Chronicles of Skin] Help in November
« Risposta #15 il: 2010-09-26 01:24:45 »
Lol

I love you guys.

P.S. I think I'll have time for a Skype game this week (maybe Monday/Wednesday/Thursday/Sunday night...?) Whisper me or email sebastian AT cobwebgames DOT com.

Mauro

• Membro
    • Mostra profilo
« Risposta #16 il: 2010-09-26 01:32:49 »
I think I found a couple of suitable whiteboards; tomorrow I'll try them and report to you.

« Risposta #17 il: 2010-09-26 02:01:39 »
Cool.

Mauro

• Membro
    • Mostra profilo
« Risposta #18 il: 2010-09-26 11:18:05 »
Yay! Two suitable whiteboards: http://www.scriblink.com/ and http://www.scribblar.com/ (the latter requires subscription, but it's possible to avoid it by using a demo room).

Renato Ramonda

• Membro
  • Renato Ramonda, faccia di Janus
    • Mostra profilo
« Risposta #19 il: 2010-09-26 12:19:14 »
I don't think I'll have time (it's deadline time for printing the games for lucca, people!) but let me suggest another online aid: Google Docs.

It has a drawing application that's quite handy and all the people that share the document see the changes in near realtime. Also, it exports in several formats (including svg and pdf). Just do "New Document" and choose Drawing.

We've used it as an online table to play several games, it works like a charm.
« Ultima modifica: 2010-09-26 12:19:33 da renatoram »

« Risposta #20 il: 2010-09-27 15:07:19 »
Brilliant! I think Google Docs is probably the best solution but I'll check them all out tomorrow.

« Risposta #21 il: 2010-11-14 17:08:38 »
Hey guys,

How are you all doing?

I just uploaded a new, super-shiny and thoroughly playable (?) version of Chronicles of Skin. I've been playtesting, meddling around, and robbing from other people's game ideas to get it into shape. I think it's fun. Here's the premise:

It's a pictographic story of war. Collaborating, you build the personalities of two cultures (using cards and symbols, like oracles). In a series of four scenes, you tell of the atrocities each side commit, and you record all this in a procedural way, shaping the fiction of the war. Players are pushing for themes, there's a bit of meta-discussion between scenes, and other funky, HIPPY shit.

A few of you wanted to play before. Would you care to read the new rules? It's 12 pages. It's not a layout masterpiece, by any means, but it's easy enough on the eyes.

Here's the linky.
« Ultima modifica: 2010-11-14 17:17:51 da Sebastian Hickey »

Niccolò

• Membro
    • Mostra profilo
« Risposta #22 il: 2010-11-14 18:00:58 »
downloading... what were your inspirations?

« Risposta #23 il: 2010-11-15 16:34:40 »
The biggest nod must go to John Gregory's unpublished The Hammer Falls. Gregory's game asks you to create four manifestations of an oppressive society, each ascribed to a suit of cards. As these suits turn up in play, the society throws obstacles at you, coloured appropriately. It's a rich, contemporary and inspired take on the usual oracle system. I just added in some imagery. Total plagerism!

Next, I must credit Joe Prince's Hell for Leather, in which a few, specific scenes are played out under the tyrranic gaze of a single antagonist. I liked the idea that one player would represent an enemy, foreshadowing the oncoming atrocity, and that this player would manage pacing. H4L inspired a couple of the important design decisions, adding momentum to the idea at the earliest stage. Similarly, Graham Walmsley's A Taste for Murder jump-started the project. I was interested in messing around with his scene theming (the part where players are rewarded for pushing particular themes). Again, not so much a direct rip-off as a point from which I leapt forward.

Lastly, I'll mention Best Friends by Gregor Hutton. In looking for a way to manipulate other people's characters in a scene, I eneded up with a Push mechanic similar to the mechanic in Best Friends. It's looser, probably needs a bit more work, and so on. But it was definitely thanks to Hutton that it went into the second draft.

I also robbed suggestions from Jonathan Walton, Eoin Corrigan, Adam Kelly and (through another party) Ron.
« Ultima modifica: 2010-11-15 16:36:55 da Sebastian Hickey »

Rafu

• Membro
  • Raffaele Manzo - clicca le icone per e-mail o blog
    • Mostra profilo
    • Orgasmo Cerebrale
« Risposta #24 il: 2010-11-15 22:37:13 »
Downloaded. Added to read queue.
« Ultima modifica: 2010-11-15 22:37:43 da Rafu »

« Risposta #25 il: 2010-11-15 23:47:34 »
Cool.

Thanks Rafu.

You Italians. I love you.

Emanuele Borio

• Membro
  • Chiamatemi Meme
    • Mostra profilo
« Risposta #26 il: 2010-11-16 02:57:35 »
Downloaded. Seems to be cool. I'll send feedback in like a week :D (just the time for test it, of course)
Ciao, sono Meme! - Fanmail 64 - DN=2 - Ingegnere delle Scienze Agrarie, Contadino, Nerd di Professione.

Mauro

• Membro
    • Mostra profilo
« Risposta #27 il: 2010-11-16 08:22:32 »
I'll try to test it on next week's Friday, hoping in the players...

« Risposta #28 il: 2010-11-16 14:38:38 »
Weeee! Thanks Mauro!

I ended up using your suggestion ( http://www.scriblink.com/ ) to play out the game online. It seems to work best if just one person does all the scribbling.
« Ultima modifica: 2010-11-21 15:07:28 da Sebastian Hickey »

« Risposta #29 il: 2010-11-21 15:12:50 »
Due to the low-volume playtests at Game Chef so far, Chronicles of Skin is only one play behind the leader!

How important is the Game Chef award for a game? Is it something I should get jealous about?

If it is important and I should get jealous, would you like to get jealous with me?

Tags: